[mythtv-users] Re: mythtv backend on a headless fileserver

Nathan Ford zimans at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 14:00:44 UTC 2005

VNC is useful for people like me who have Linux and WIndows systems.
My windows machine is my primary system (dual-monitor too), and my
linux machines are very much utility (One is attached to the TV, one
is in the closet.) I have and do run the X server from Cygwin, but it
is buggy to say the least. VNC just works. And when I'm at work (win
2000 workstation) I can use VNC to access my server.

FYI: I built and installed tightvnc (I run slackware) but I had to
modify the code some to get it to compile.

--Nate