[mythtv-users] [Slightly-OT] Socket A and the Athlon-M

Ron Johnson ron.l.johnson at cox.net
Fri Mar 11 16:36:39 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-03-11 at 15:59 +0100, Johannes Becker wrote:
> I am using a Biostar M7NCG 400 with a Athlon-M. Works fine, easy to
> cool and fairly quiet. But I don't think that you can manage to run
> fanless, unless you underclock/undervolt desperately.
> I have it in a micro ATX housing, no extra fan beside CPU and power
> supply. But I use lowest noise fans from Pabst. The whole box is
> nearly in-audible, unless you get very close.

Interesting.

Is this a combo, or front-end only?

If combo or backend, what brand/model/size HDD do you use, and
what tuner?

> On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 08:34:38 -0600, Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson at cox.net> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > How can I tell if a mobo supports these low-power chips?  Do all
> > Socket A mobos support the Athlon-M?
> >
> > And can these chips run fanless, if there's a big-enough heat-sink
> > (like one of those Zalman fans) on it, and enough case air-flow?
> >
> > Thanks

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

Why is cyber-crime not being effectively controlled? What is
fueling the rampancy?
* Parental apathy & the public education system
http://www.linuxsecurity.com/feature_stories/feature_story-
150.html