[mythtv-users] SUSE 9.1 Professional X86_64 & MythTv?

Jason vanValkenburgh jav2d at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 11 16:47:42 UTC 2005

>> Message: 14
>> Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 22:59:54 -0600
>> From: Michael Morgan <mythtv-users at michaelmorgan.name>
>> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] SUSE 9.1 Professional X86_64 & MythTv?
>> To: dothedog at comcast.net
>> Cc: Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
>>
>> I use the evdev and ir-kbd-i2c modules with the lircd rpm from SUSE with
>> my PVR-350 remote. http://ivtv.writeme.ch/tiki-index.php?page=remotes was
>> my guide.
>>
>> Michael
>>
>> On Thu, Mar 10, 2005 at 09:56:20PM +0000, dothedog at comcast.net wrote:
>> > I am in the midst of an install to Suse 9.2 x86-64 (actually running
2.6.11 kernel). I have everything going except >> for LIRC. (I started
another thread on this list). I can't seem to get the remote working. LICD
keeps segfaulting.
>> Have you been able to get your remote working? Did you do anything in
particular to do that or did it just work?

I am using SuSE 9.1 on AMD64 (PVR-250) and had to recompile lirc from source
(http://lirc.sourceforge.net) and then had no troubles.  My issue wasn't a
segfault but I couldn't get the remore to work until I use the version from
source (not that I think it is that far behind the SuSE RPM.)

Hope this helps,
Jason