[mythtv-users] Re: mythtv backend on a headless fileserver

Ron Johnson ron.l.johnson at cox.net
Fri Mar 11 16:52:23 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-03-11 at 16:40 +0000, David wrote:
> Ron Johnson wrote:

> >>I have no sympathy for people who run Debian systems and then whine
> >>about...  damn.  What is there to whine about again?  I know there must
> >>be something...
> >
> >8 year delays between stable releases?
[snip]
> But isn't that also the expected uptime for a system _running_ the
> stable release?

Can you imagine a machine with an 8 year uptime?  I've heard of
VAXes that have been up that long, but not an Intel system.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of
society. If we're looking for the sources of our troubles, we
shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for
stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power."
P. J. O'Rourke