[mythtv-users] Question about Video's loading time.

Stephen Boddy stephen.boddy at btinternet.com
Fri Mar 11 20:50:15 UTC 2005

On Friday 11 March 2005 17:58, Jay wrote:
> of just under 15000 videos. From the time I click Videos, to the time it

Tell me that's a typo... 15000!!! If that was 700 MB / video you'd need 10
Terabytes!!! Or are they all real small clips?

I can't answer you question directly, but at the risk of teaching the
proverbial grandma to suck eggs, a couple of things to try. Use:
vmstat 1 10000
while you open the video part. Is the cpu high for system, user, or waiting?
Are lots of processes waiting to run or blocked? Is it swapping like crazy,
or is the disk IO through the roof?

Also try something like iptraf. Is the network maxing out? This should give
you some indication as to where the problem lies.
--
Steve Boddy