[mythtv-users] PVR350 Output - I'm stumped

Chris Burgess chris at netdirect.ca
Sat Mar 12 14:55:29 UTC 2005

I'm using a PVR350 on my Myth system installed using Jarod's HOWTO.

I have gone over and over the procedures and for the most part I have
complete success, but I just can't get XWindows to show up properly.

I have installed the initrd patch and the driver loads as I would expect
but the video output is all messed up. It seems to repeat over and over
almost like what you would get from a messed up refresh rate on a
monitor.

The crazy part is that if I simply pump video from my input directly to
the output (dd if=/dev/video0 of=/dev/video16 bs=64k) I get perfect
sound and video. But I can't get a proper X display.

I am stumped.

Can anyone help.