[mythtv-users] New System Hardware Recommendations

Ron Johnson ron.l.johnson at cox.net
Sat Mar 12 16:57:11 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-03-12 at 10:18 -0500, Tom Lichti wrote:
> John M. Luker wrote:
>
> > Ok, after lurking here for a day and seeing the great amount of
> > interaction on this list, I'm ready to take the plunge. I'm going to
> > build a new machine that will be dedicated to MythTV. What hardware
> > would you recommend, and why? TIA, J.
>
> Well, it all seems to depend on what your needs are. Is HD a priority?
> Are you in the US? Do you want a single all in one machine, or separate
> backend/frontent machines? Do you want to use over the air, cable,
> digital cable, or satellite?
>
> It all depends on where you want to be.

In my case (pun intended...), it's US, NTSC cable (i.e., no HD),
combined system.

The email from Maverick yesterday detailed what he bought, based
on the Jarod's "Standard Definition Slave Backend and Playback
System" says this:
  Chaintech 7NIF2
  Athlon XP 2700+
  2x 256MB DRAM PC3200
  Samsung 160GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive, Model SP1614C
  SilverStone Lascala SST-LC11 HTPC Case
  PVR-350

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?"
Vince Lombardi