[mythtv-users] Re: Recording from satellite/cable box with SPDIF IN

Mike Gilpin mgilpin at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 12 20:32:16 UTC 2005

If anyone finds out how to do this please post.

I've got an ABIT AN7 Nvidia-based mobo, with SPDIF IN and SPDIF OUT.  I
have the OUT working fine for music and videos ripped from my DVDs,
using ALSA libs I compiled.  I'm fairly sure it's going to work for TV
output as well, but I can't seem to get the SPDIF IN to work for live
TV.

At the moment I've got a Dish Satellite box with digital optical output
to my amp.  I'd like it just to record audio from the digital input and
pass it directly through to the amp, as it has Dolby decoding.

Mike

Mike Gilpin
mgilpin at yahoo.com