[mythtv-users] PVR350 Output - I'm stumped

Chris Burgess chris at netdirect.ca
Sat Mar 12 21:47:48 UTC 2005

Eureka! In case anyone out there is wondering what my problem was, it
was a problem in my settings in my xorg.conf file.

I changed from this:
       HorizSync    31.5 - 31.5
       VertRefresh  50.0 - 61.0

to this:
       HorizSync       30.0-68.0
       VertRefresh     50.0-120.0

and added this:
        Mode            "720x480"
                # D: 34.563 MHz, H: 37.244 kHz, V: 73.897 Hz
                DotClock 34.564
                HTimings 720 752 840 928
                VTimings 480 484 488 504
                Flags    "-HSync" "-VSync"
        EndMode

This fixed up my problem with the video being completely bonkers.
Not it just doesn't quite fit on the screen very well. I will try
different settings to see if I can get a perfect fit but if any
one has a short cut for me I'd appreciate the suggestions.

Thanks.

Chris