[mythtv-users] Some Fedora Myth(TV)ology notes...

Tim Fenn fenn at stanford.edu
Sat Mar 12 22:31:14 UTC 2005

On Sat, Mar 12, 2005 at 12:00:35PM -0600, Rob Greene wrote:

>     * msp3400.ko would not load until the msp3400-ivtv.ko was named
> msp3400.ko. Per the guide, the original
> /lib/modules/$KVER/kernel/drivers/media/video/msp3400.ko module was
> renamed so it would not run.

I don't know if this is in Jarod's howto, but i simply use:

alias tveeprom tveeprom-ivtv
alias msp3400 msp3400-ivtv

in modprobe.conf as per the naming scheme used by atrpms (I was bit by
this too after switching to atrpms and not having any audio after a
reboot).

>     * The IvyTV drivers were not loading automagically, so I needed to
> force them to load in /etc/rc.local as such (I'm sure there are better
> ways, but I definately did need to "force" them to load):

Jarod has a patch to rc.sysinit, but I'm even lazier than that - I
just made a /etc/rc.modules (see rc.sysinit, lines 537-540 in FC3)
with:

#!/bin/sh

modprobe ivtv

so having mythbackend start at boot time worked fine, and all was
right with the world.  ;)

HTH,
Tim

--
Morals?  I eat communism and $h!t America, brother.  --Seanbaby