[mythtv-users] Is mythTV ready for prime time?

Jim Oltman cnliberal at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 01:40:39 UTC 2005

I completely agree.  MythTV is a fantastic app, but can be a pain in
the rear to get up and working.  I have to say that without Jared
Wilson's guide (www.wilsonet.com), I would not be the happy MythTV
user I am today.  His site convinced me to start using Myth in the
first place.  I had never really tinkered in Linux before that but
this program will really make you work.  If you really want to get
Myth up and working, I suggest following his guide.  It is near
fool-proof.  There are some things here or there (USB MCE IR receivers
for one) that aren't included yet, but this mailing list really helps
out.  Keep at it, and I am sure you will be as happy as we all are.