[mythtv-users] PVR-350 (hard) lockups, Fixed!

Maverick mavantix at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 08:23:41 UTC 2005

> > CPU AMD|2700 /333 ATHLON XP RTL - $107.00
> > Newegg Item #: N82E16819103342
> > http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=19-103-342&depa=0
>
> With a PVR-350, do you need a CPU with that much horsepower?
>
> (The thought being that a slower XP will generate less heat.)

I agree that the CPU is overkill for a PVR-350, but I also intend on
using the built in nVidia TVout, as well as I'd like to do HDTV at
some point. I'm not even sure if the XP 2700 is enough for HD, but I
hope it is.

None the less, the 2700 wasn't all that expensive. After all I dropped
a cool $150 on the case alone.

Temps haven't been a problem thus far, although, I'm not paying
attention to them like I should... The motherboard will shut down if
it over heats (212F?), so I guess that's enough protection. hehe. I
probably should open the case and use my infrared thermometer on it to
check things out...

-Kenneth