[mythtv-users] Is mythTV ready for prime time?

Maverick mavantix at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 10:07:20 UTC 2005

> Yes it is. (well, apart from some geeky bits in the setup that aren't
> easy for distros to hide)
>
> The whole appliance/1-button install distro (ie Knoppmyth) is not ---
> quite -- yet.

I find KnoppMyth to be an excellent distro. It isn't "one step" if
you're using PVR-350 out, that requires a few of those geeky setup
changes, but over all, it's the fastest way to have a myth box with a
ton of pre-configured things up and running. Sure, it may be "less
tweakable" than setting up your own Stage 1 Gentoo box, but it kicks
much ass!

Plus, Cecil has been putting out awesome new versions lately (R5xx).

I'm running R5A12 with no database problems. I since your building a
new box, I recommend doing a full install, not trying to upgrade or
anything since that saves the DB I think.

-Kenneth