[mythtv-users] Remote not working correctly due to Keyboard focus

trev trev at g7pvs.freeserve.co.uk
Sun Mar 13 12:30:10 UTC 2005

Hi all

In Mythtv if I go from live TV press EPG (on the remote), then use up/down (on
the remote) to highlight the "Program Guide" press enter (on the remote) to
select it I get the program guide.
Strangely at this point the up/down left/right buttons (on the remote) only
work for one button press.
At this point I should explain something of my setup.  I am using an nvidia
MX440 with vga and TVout and am running it as a two headed system without
xinerama.  This allows me to use the computer on the net using my monitor and
the TV for Mythtv.
If at the point where I have pressed a left/right up/down button once and the
arrow keys no longer work (I can exit using the remote though) I launch:
xterm -display localhost:0.1
then immediately exit from the xterm by typing exit, the keyboard focus is now
on Mythtv.  Now the arrow keys on the Remote work in the program guide.
Also when I want to shut down the computer and try to exit Mythtv I can get
all the way to highlighting "Yes, Exit now", but unless the keyboard focus is
upon Mythtv pressing enter on the remote at this point has no effect.  If I
switch keyboard focus as mentioned above I can then press enter on the remote
to exit the program.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards

Trev

P.S. If there is anyone else using a similar setup I would be interested to
know if you are experiencing similar problems.

P.P.S Although I don't think this is relevant to this problem I am using an
Adaptec Videoh! DVD Media Center card (AVC-2410).  If any one else wants to
get one of these working I have put an explanation on the ivtv wiki:
http://ivtv.writeme.ch/tiki-index.php?page=AdaptecAVC-2410
along with a patch of lirc_i2c.c to get the remote working (which I also
posted to the lirc mailing list)