[mythtv-users] PVR-350 (hard) lockups, Fixed!

Ron Johnson ron.l.johnson at cox.net
Sun Mar 13 13:37:00 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-03-13 at 03:23 -0500, Maverick wrote:
> > > CPU AMD|2700 /333 ATHLON XP RTL - $107.00
> > > Newegg Item #: N82E16819103342
> > > http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=19-103-342&depa=0
> >
> > With a PVR-350, do you need a CPU with that much horsepower?
> >
> > (The thought being that a slower XP will generate less heat.)
>
> I agree that the CPU is overkill for a PVR-350, but I also intend on
> using the built in nVidia TVout, as well as I'd like to do HDTV at

Why not use the -350's TV-out?

> some point. I'm not even sure if the XP 2700 is enough for HD, but I
> hope it is.

By the time you're ready for HD, all h/w prices will be lower, so
why not wait until then to put in an A64?

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

Anyone who thinks that religion is Sooo Eeevil should remember:
- The number of Soviet citizens that the "religion is the opiate
of the masses" Soviets killed or let starve is between 20M and
60M.
- The number of Chinese killed or allowed to starve by the
Chinese Communists is estimated to be as many as 66M.
Now *that* is True Evil.