[mythtv-users] Re: MythWeather Animated Maps Cannot Download?

Paul mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Sun Mar 13 13:43:03 UTC 2005

>MythWeather gets an error trying to get the maps...

>And weather.php in MythWeb gets:

>Warning at /usr/share/mythtv/mythweb/weather.php, line 193:
>file(): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service
>not known Warning at /usr/share/mythtv/mythweb/weather.php, line 193:
>file(http://w3.weather.com/weather/map/USVA0808?from=LAPmaps&setcookie=1):
>failed to open stream: Success Warning at
>/usr/share/mythtv/mythweb/weather.php, line 194:
>Invalid argument supplied for foreach() Warning at
>/usr/share/mythtv/mythweb/weather.php, line 204:
>Invalid argument supplied for foreach() Warning at
>/usr/share/mythtv/mythweb/themes/Default/theme.php, line 16:
>Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output
>started at /usr/share/mythtv/mythweb/includes/errors.php:68)

>It appears w3 is no longer a valid subdomain for weather.com, anyone
>else have this problem?

>Can I just change the w3 to www or w2 in the settings table?

>-Kenneth

To get MythWeather working again you have to change all references to
w3.weather.com to www.weather.com in Weather::GetAnimatedRadarMap() and
Weather::GetStaticRadarMap() and recompile/install MythWeather.

They also seem to have changed the number of images in the animation from 6
to 5.
To fix that you need to change the imagecount value in the weather-ui.xml
file. Look for
the animatedimage element and change the imagecount value from 6 to 5. Which
weather-ui.xml file you need to change will depend on which theme you are
using. Some
use the default file supplied with MythWeather other themes override it with
there own file.

Not had a look at MythWeb I don't use it very often so don't know exactly
how
to fix that. I guess you will just have to change all references of
w3.weather.com
to www.weather.com ?

Could this be a permanent change at weather.com or is it just a server
problem?