[mythtv-users] How I got great quality TV-out on my nVidia MX4000

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 13 18:03:27 UTC 2005

It is not available in many of the default MythTV
builds, because it requires linking against an OpenGL
library of some kind.  Also, some time ago, when it
was enabled by default, some people were having
problems with it.

If you're building from source, then you must edit
settings.pro (look for "opengl").  If you're using
Axel's ATrpms, then you need to recompile the MythTV
source RPM, and reinstall the new binary RPMs that are
generated, making sure to pass in whatever options
that you need when compiling them (the default options
worked for me).

Once you have recompiled MythTV (as long as you stay
with the same source release, you don't need to
recompile the add-on programs), then it will
automatically detect OpenGL support.  There will be
nothing in the GUI that allows you to turn it on or
off.

-- Joe