[mythtv-users] Video (Quality/Size) Issues

Mark L. Cukier mark at pemicro.com
Sun Mar 13 21:04:55 UTC 2005

Hello to All:

My Setup:
-Intel 2.4C HT
-PVR 350
- GeForce 5200
- 256MB RAM
- Sony 51" Widescreen HD, Rear Projection
- FC2, myth .17, originally setup with Jarod's Guide

I've struggled long and hard, but finally Myth is in my entertainment
center! I'm having two main issues that are keeping me from cancelling
my TiVo subscription:

(FYI, I'm using the 350 for capture and the 5200 for TV Out. I was
originally going to use the 350 for both, however the image quality as
horrible out of the 350...)

1) It seems that the TV-OUT on the 5200 doesn't quite fill my screen.
There are black borders all around the image. I'm pretty sure this isn't
an X problem per-se... because even my grub screen has the same issue.
This is pretty annoying-- any ideas/suggestions??

2) The Image quality is just not where I want it to be. The lines seem a
little blurred, and the colors are a touch washed out... it's *close*,
but not quite there. Has anyone noticed this issue? Are there any fixes?

I've tried to get the DVI on my 5200 to display on my Sony with no luck,
and I'm hesitant to drop the $150 for the more Recent nVidia cards (with
Component out) until I'm sure they'll make my video appear the way I
want it to.

Any and ALL suggestions for getting the quality I want are much appreciated!

Thanks in Advance,
    Mark