[mythtv-users] Is xfs flaky or is it my drive. Fedora Core 2, XFS, Myth .16 and .17

tdixon at dixbizserv.com tdixon at dixbizserv.com
Mon Mar 14 01:31:22 UTC 2005

I have a myth box about 6 months old.  Fedora Core 2, new 200GB drive myth
.16 and .17.

I have the 200GB drive in a volume group for expansion, and its setup XFS
for /video.  I run ok for a few days, then I'm watching something and it
stops in the middle, check the logs and I'm getting XFS errors.  Stop
myth, unmount, xfs_check.. problems get fixed and I run ok for a few days.
 Then the problem reoccur.

So my questions to the great users of myth..

- Are people using XFS and finding it generally stable or flaky like I
find it?
- What are people using as the file system for /video and are you
happy/unhappy?
- Do I need to pull this thing apart and do a surface test on the drive?
- Could there be some things I need to check if you had similiar issues
and resolved them?

Thank you in advance!

Tom Dixon
tdixon at dixbizserv.com