[mythtv-users] Is xfs flaky or is it my drive. Fedora Core 2, XFS, Myth .16 and .17

William wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Mon Mar 14 02:06:45 UTC 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of tdixon at dixbizserv.com
Sent: Sunday, March 13, 2005 8:31 PM
To: Discussion about mythtv
Subject: [mythtv-users] Is xfs flaky or is it my drive. Fedora Core 2,
XFS,Myth .16 and .17

I have a myth box about 6 months old.  Fedora Core 2, new 200GB drive myth
.16 and .17.

I have the 200GB drive in a volume group for expansion, and its setup XFS
for /video.  I run ok for a few days, then I'm watching something and it
stops in the middle, check the logs and I'm getting XFS errors.  Stop myth,
unmount, xfs_check.. problems get fixed and I run ok for a few days.  Then
the problem reoccur.

So my questions to the great users of myth..

- Are people using XFS and finding it generally stable or flaky like I find
it?
- What are people using as the file system for /video and are you
happy/unhappy?
- Do I need to pull this thing apart and do a surface test on the drive?
- Could there be some things I need to check if you had similiar issues and
resolved them?

Thank you in advance!

Tom Dixon
tdixon at dixbizserv.com

Please post in text mode, not html. In my experience xfs is rock solid in
volume groups. I run it myself. If one of your volumes is flaking out get it
backed up and out of the group asap. If its under warrenty get that RMA
going. :)