[mythtv-users] Mythweather quit working?

Brad Benson bbenso1 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 03:56:34 UTC 2005

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 02:25:46 -0600, Matt S. <skd5aner at gmail.com> wrote:
> Anyone else experiencing this?  When I try to launch it, it times out.
>  When I look at the command line it complains about not being able to
> contact the weather.com site.  When I try to manually enter the URL it
> lists, it won't work either.  Anyone else seing this issue?
>
> Thanks!
> Matt

Someone else reported this earlier today and included a patch to fix
mythweather 0.17.  It appears that mythweather is hardcoded to
retrieve weather data from w3.weather.com and weather.com changed
their DNS entries so that w3.weather.com no longer resolves.  You can
either apply the patch included in this conversation:

or just go through mythweather.cpp and change all occurrences of
w3.weather.com to www.weather.com.  After making the change you will
need to recompile and reinstall mythweather for the changes to take
effect.

Brad