[mythtv-users] Re: MythWeather Animated Maps Cannot Download?

Maverick mavantix at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 10:02:21 UTC 2005

> I've just submitted a patch to mythtv-dev which adds a few new entries
> in the db for weather data URL's.  This would allow us to quickly and
> easily adapt to changes in weather data sources as long as the data
> format remains unchanged.  Obviously, using this patch would still
> require a recompile of mythweather right now, but any future changes
> could be handled by simply changing a setting in the db.  There are
> hardcoded default values that reflect the currently working URL's so
> you don't need to make any db changes right now, only if the URL's
> change again in the future.
>
> I've attached my patch to this post as well in case some of the folks
> on the -users list may find it useful to fix the immediate mythweather
> problems.

Nice. It still makes some rather large, unchangeable assumptions, like
weather.com's image server's scripts will always be at /weather/map/:

QString sURL = "http://" + weatherMapServer + "/weather/map/" + locale +
         "?name=index_large_animated&day=1";

But you could feature creep the heck out of it and it still not work
given some random change, like the parse function/page format/etc.

-Kenneth