[mythtv-users] EXTREMELY choppy video

Christopher Ruppel cjruppel at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 14 19:07:40 UTC 2005

--- "Mark L. Cukier" <mark at pemicro.com> wrote:
> Tom:
>
> Yes, I do see the prebuffering pause message in my
> Xterm.. I'm *pretty*
> sure that it's just video and not audio, but I'd
> have to confirm that
> when I get home from work. I tried switching on the
> "use Video as time
> base" option, but it didn't seem to help...
>
> I am using Kernel 2.6.10... has this been confirmed
> as the cause of
> heartache? (I saw discussion of it in the
> archives)...
>
> - Mark

I don't know if my problem was the same as yours but
0.17 was real choppy for me and turning off the option
about something to do with increased priority for
threads (I'm at work and I don't remember the exact
name of the option) in the playback setup fixed it for
me.  I believe that option requires mythfrontend to be
set suid root which it was but for some reason that
option was giving me problems.  I'm running a 2.6.10
kernel.

Chris