[mythtv-users] Empty iconmap.xml

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Mon Mar 14 20:08:38 UTC 2005

Michael Haan wrote:
> I know those things are not included with gentoo, and I'm ok with
> that.  I also know zap2it is the site and that it's actually data
> direct and that the icons really come from xmltv.  It all boils down

;-) The icons come from zap2it; xmltv is still just grabber software =).

> to this:  I don't care enough for icons to install xmltv but there
> appears to be marginal support for icons even without xmltv.

Gotcha, which is why there is the master list. It includes the
national networks and major cities for people who don't want to
muck with xmltv for this small task. MythTV only needs icon
images and the path to the image stored in the channel table.
There are other websites that have icons and some people grab
these then manually add the paths into the database but this is
even more work.

> Unfortunately, downloading master_iconmap.xml did not work.  However,
> if you'rt willing to generate the file for me, that would be much
> appreciated.  I have both comcast digital and analog cable in zip code
> 22301.  Thank-you in advance for your help.

Attached.

Michael Haan wrote:
> Error retrieving icon from
> 'http://tvlistings2.zap2it.com/tms_network_logos/cspan2_30.jpg' to
> file '/home/mythtv/.mythtv/channels/cspan2_30.jpg'
>
> I also get a _mythtv directory with a channels sub-dir containing a
> bunch of icon files, and .mythtv directory containing a mysql.txt
> file, and an empty channels sub-directory.

I don't think this is a problem with the icon map. If I had to guess
it would be something like the process user id didn't have permission
to write to the dir or something. However, if it did write them into
"_mythtv" as an alternative, you should be able to just copy them to
the correct path.

--  bjm