[mythtv-users] Is xfs flaky or is it my drive. Fedora Core 2, XFS, Myth .16 and .17

Ron Johnson ron.l.johnson at cox.net
Mon Mar 14 20:53:07 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-03-14 at 11:06 -0500, David Wood wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Mar 2005, Tim Southerwood wrote:
>
> > Whatever you do, don't use ReiserFS(!)
>
> Really? Why not (with a 2.6 kernel)?

In 2.6, my directly attached /home dir (lots of small files in
~/Maildir) is ReiserFS, and it works great.  Puked, though, on an
external firewire drive when directing huge tarballs to it.  ext3
is rock-stable, though.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will
not bite you. This is the principal difference between a man and
a dog."
Mark Twain