[mythtv-users] PVR-350 and MythTV recording quality sample

John Kondis jkondis at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 15 01:49:34 UTC 2005

I can't post a sample but what I can tell you is the
basic encoder/decoder combination is fantastic at the
default 4500kb/s, max 6000kb/s (around 2.1G/hr).  On
mine, though, the TV tuner had noticeable echoes, and
the s-video to composite adapter that came with it was
a POS.  So I replaced it with a $22 Radio Shack
adapter for s-video and sent s-video to my TV and now
it's very, very good.