[mythtv-users] Shopping for an HDTV for Myth

Jeff Wormsley daworm at comcast.net
Tue Mar 15 03:09:05 UTC 2005

 > With my TV when scenes when somewhat dark, the TV would think that
the video signal was gone and display the "Component" message moving
around on the screen (very annoying).

Further evidence you may have a very close TV to mine.  I found how to
stop that, though, although it isn't 100% ideal.  Use nvidia-settings to
bump the brightness from the card, then use the TV brightness to get
blacks back down to black.  That keeps the "COMPONENT" bit from flashing.

Jeff.