[mythtv-users] how about autocomplete a TV series? (more than just rec new ep's)

colliepon colliepon at webport.veris.org
Mon Mar 14 17:51:54 UTC 2005

Please read this in the mindset of "feature discussion" or "wouldn't it be cool if..." hoping to inspire others, rather than "leecher b*tching" or "selfish b*stard".  :)  If I learn to code by the end of the year i'll try to add it myself, but choosing to voice it now in case anyone wants to leapfrog.

The idea is using something like TVtome.com (and others if other sources exist) to get a complete list of available episodes for a given TV series, and then automatically filling in the blanks.      AFAIK you can already record new episodes automatically (think I saw a comment to that effect but can't find it now, and can't prove as no working mythbox) but I guess this is a slight extension of the idea.

It might be helpful (for instance) to complete whole seasons at a time if you didn't start in the first season, so you can burn off whole seasons at once for instance.  Or make a list of which  episodes you have, which episodes are missing, or prioritize to complete whole seasons from reruns if space is at a premium, etc.  I'm sure other cool things could be done with the data.  Would anyone else find this cool?

Colliepon