[mythtv-users] HELP settings table got hosed

Brad Benson bbenso1 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 03:54:36 UTC 2005

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 17:30:43 -0400, Mark J. Small <msmall at eastlink.ca> wrote:

> I recently had a messy incident on my mythtv backend after my hard disk filled
> up.
>
> Now somehow my settings table has gotten completely hosed.  When I look at the
> database with mysql-query-browser, it can not fetch the columns for the table
> settings.
>
> When I try to run mythfrontend, I get this:
>
> 2005-03-14 17:30:00.043 Told to create a NEW database schema, but the database
> already has 55 tables.
> If you are sure this is a good mythtv database, verify
> that the settings table has the DBSchemaVer variable.
>
> 2005-03-14 17:30:00.043 Couldn't upgrade database to new schema, exiting.
>
> I have a backup from just before I upgraded to 0.17.
>
> What can I do?
>
> Mark

My first suggestion would be to make a back up of your current db then
drop the mythconverg database and run mythtvsetup.  You'll probably
want to tell mythtvsetup to clear all settings for tuners and
channels.  I believe that running mythtvsetup should setup the
mythconverg database for you.  If not then it should get setup the
first time you start the backend or frontend.  Of course, any settings
you've changed recently will have to be changed back as all the
default settings will be inserted when the db is recreated.

As long as you make a backup of your current db before you do this you
can always roll it back to your currently hosed version and try some
other method if this doesn't work, but I expect this should get you
fixed up and ready to run again.

Brad