[mythtv-users] Viewsonic M2000E and MythTV

Benjamin Watkins ben-list at constant-technologies.com
Tue Mar 15 02:10:17 UTC 2005

Shawn Willden wrote:

> I found the Viewsonic M2000E "media PC", and it looks like it may just
> what I'm looking for, assuming that Linux and MythTV will run on it.
>
> Has anyone run MythTV on this system?  It's got an nVidia GPU, so I
> don't see any problems there, and I'd expect the sound to work, but I
> have no idea if the provided wireless keyboard and remote are supported.
>
> Any information will be appreciated,

Sorry for the late reply... I have one of these, and it works very well
for me.  You can even run KnoppMyth on it, though I have tweaked mine to
use LVM, XFS, and an additional hard drive.  You and even get the remote
control to work with LIRC since it is the older MCE type.  The wireless
keyboard/mouse show up as standard USB devices, so nothing special
really needs to be done for them.

I hope this wasn't too late for you.  I know these machines are hard to
find at this point.  I have had mine running MythTV for over a year now.

-Ben : )