[mythtv-users] Re: USB MCE IR Receiver

Joe Huffner huffner at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 15 05:19:40 UTC 2005

The problem is the original source doesn't work with
the newer MCE remotes. If you look for one of my
lirc_mceusb.c attached that you will need to overwrite
the existing file.

Since I don't use Fedora Core, I can't tell you the
best way to get it running. The easiest way would be
to download version 0.7.0 of lirc from www.lirc.org,
overwrite the lirc_mceusb.c file with the newer one,
compile the new version, copy the new lirc_dev.ko and
lirc_mceusb.ko over the existing lirc modules (Make
sure to make a backup copy of the original module
files). They should be located in /lib/modules/*your
kernel version*/misc/

After that you can either unload the lirc_mseusb and
lirc_dev modules and reload them, or you can reboot
your system let the modules be loaded at startup.
(Assuming you have the appropriate entries in modules
autoloading config file.)

=== message truncated ===>