[mythtv-users] pchdtv3000 compile help

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Tue Mar 15 07:30:20 UTC 2005

On Sunday 13 March 2005 19:46, Mike Isely wrote:
> The release 1.6 pchdtv drivers are known not to compile properly against
> the 2.6.10 kernel release.  There were internal changes in video4linux
> there that break the driver.
>
> Check out this thread for a version of the 1.6 driver release that has
> been ported forward to work in the 2.6.10 kernel:
>
>   http://www.pchdtv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=415
>
> I haven't tried yet to carry the port forward to 2.6.11.  In addition, the
> pchdtv folks now are supporting a DVB based driver going forward from this
> point, so you may want to consider it instead.

And note that the bttv v4l driver built from the pcHDTV 2.0 tarball never
registers the digital side of the card for me, which I suppose may be because
I'm not running a 2.6.11 kernel (which the wiki says is needed), but the docs
say everything should work with the latest FC3 kernels... Now, the dvb driver
does work with my HD-2000, but I decided to go back to the v4l driver for
now.

Anyhow, since I like pain and suffering, I took the latest FC3 kernel as a
base, added the latest 2.6.10 kraxel patch, some of my own patches and that
1.6-based patch of yours found at the link above, mushed it all together,
fixed a few rejects, and built a kernel rpm out of it all. The resulting
kernel's bttv driver works beautifully with my HD-2000.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...