[mythtv-users] Stupid ALSA problem

Fredrik Karlsson dargosch at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 09:44:21 UTC 2005

Hi,

I am running MythTV 0.17 on a box with a PVR-350 cart for recording
and TV out. I am trying to use the loopback cable to the onboard ADI
1880 sound chip (which works great with MythVIdeo and MythMusic). When
I try to watch a recording or live TV in the TV module, I get an error
message that says "Rate doesn't match (requested 0 Hz, got 8000Hz)"
and an option to return to the menu or continue without sound. If I
continue without sound, I get sound with a very low volume (?) which I
guess comes from the SCART connector.

mythtv root # cat ~mythtv/.asoundrc
pcm.via82xx {
     type hw
     card 0
}

ctl.via82xx {
     type hw
     card 0
}

I have ALSA:via82xx set in sound device.

Does anyone see the problem. Not many people reporting sound problems
on the list... I am the only one that is a newbe on the inner workings
of ALSA magic?
:-)

/Fredrik