[mythtv-users] Re: Myth News

Paul mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Tue Mar 15 10:53:10 UTC 2005

>I'm having a somewhat wierd problem.

>I'm trying to make mythnews useful. On my TV naturally the text is
>much to small to read. I can plug in a mouse and wheel scroll to
>resize the text or I can right click and select "zoom in", but I can't
>figure out how to do it from a keyboard.

>The only reason I want to do it from a keyboard is so I can figure out
>what the key command is so I can program it into my .lircrc for my
>remote.

>Does anyone know either, how to capture the syntax for the mousewheel,
>or how to capture the command that the "Zoom In" function uses?

>Thanks,

>James

Hi James

When you select an article in MythNews it actually starts up
MythBrowser by default to show the web page associated
with that article. So the problem is not with MythNews but with
MythBrowser if I understand your problem properly

Unfortunately MythBrowser is the only Plugin that does not support
definable key binding so there is no way to change the zoom other
than from the popup menu or by using the mouse.

I have in my own source tree a patch that adds definable key bindings
for most of the functions available in MythBowser including the ZoomIn and
ZoomOut functions, as well as some other features I added. If I ever get
round
to it I will send a patch to the dev list once I have cleaned the patch up a
little. I've
been using it on my production set-up for about 5 or 6 week now with no
problems.

There is something you can do in the mean time that could mean you won't
need
to change the zoom level that often. On the web settings page change the
Zoom [%]
value to a larger default value. Try something like 200. Now when
MythBrowser
starts it will use the new zoom level by default.

Paul