Practicality of backing up huge hard drives (was Re: [mythtv-users] Dieing Hard Drive)

Neil Watson mythtv at watson-wilson.ca
Tue Mar 15 15:23:31 UTC 2005

On Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 10:19:39AM -0500, Cory Papenfuss wrote:
>	That's pretty much what I do for my important documents.  I
>haven't figured out an elegant way to have passwordless ssh via a cronjob,
>though.  I still use my dsa_key cache'd normal login to do it manually,
>though.

Use an application called keychain to cache your passphrase.  If you are
interested in backups solutions using ssh and remote locations I have a
blog entry on backups:

http://technocrat.watson-wilson.ca/blosxom/computer/backup.html
http://technocrat.watson-wilson.ca/blosxom/computer/ssh-howto.html

--
Neil Watson               | Gentoo Linux
Network Administrator     | Uptime 61 days