[mythtv-users] possible mythweb cutlist editor

James Armstrong james at thearmstrongs.org
Tue Mar 15 16:14:57 UTC 2005

I have a hackjob (don't know much about php) attempt at the beginnings
of a cutlist editor. It is far off right now. If a show on the
Recorded_Programs page has been commercial flagged it will have a link
to a commercial cutlist editor. It shows a bargraph showing where the
commercials are marked. If you click on the bar it will show 5 frames at
30 seconds apart to the left and right of where you click and one frame
where you click. This will allow you to narrow in and check if the
commercial is correct. I plan on having it zoom in more by 1 second
intervals if you click on any of the displayed thumbnails.

Plans are to have ways to remove and add cutlist points via the web.
This is far off right now. I had to modify the backend slightly to allow
for thumbnail generation based on # of seconds in (old way) and by frame
#. They command is backwards compatible. I modified QUERY_RECORDINGS to
allow the passing of CHANID and STARTTIME to return just one record
instead of all records. This is also backwards compatible. If they are
left off it will return all records.

I don't know when / if this will get done. I Work on it when I am bored.
Here is a link showing a screen shot of me clicking on a show then
clicking on a commercial boundary. It shows thumbnails on the top row
that verify that the area to the left of the click is from the show and
the thumbnails on the bottom verify that the commercials are to the
right of the click.

Happy drooling...

http://www.thearmstrongs.org/mythtv/cutlist001.jpg

- James