[mythtv-users] Playing music while browsing photos

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Tue Mar 15 18:29:36 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 15 March 2005 10:31, Niels den Otter wrote:
> MythTV Users,
>
> One of the features that (for me) would be neat in MythTV is the
> support of
> playing music while browsing photos or walking through the menus.
> Currently
> leaving mythmusic also means that the music stops playing.
>
> I have looked at mfd, but I'm not sure I understand what it does. It
looks
> like a daemon that can be used by plugins (/clients) to play music.
> The mfd
> software is maintained in CVS, but I'm not sure if it can be used
> already
> with eg mythmusic.
>
> Does anyone know if this feature is somewhere on the radar or if it is
> already supported in some way?

I *think* you could do this now.  Use the "mfe" plugin to start playback
of a playlist.  This actually tells mfd to start the playback
(obviously mfd must be running on the frontend).  Now you should be
able to go into mythgallery and start a slide show while mfd continues
to play music.  Note that you probably won't be able to watch any
videos or use mythmusic until you stop the mfd playback.

-JAC