[mythtv-users] pchdtv3000 compile help

Tue Mar 15 21:53:10 UTC 2005

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005, Brandon Beattie wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 13, 2005 at 09:46:29PM -0600, Mike Isely wrote:
> >
> > The release 1.6 pchdtv drivers are known not to compile properly against
> > the 2.6.10 kernel release.  There were internal changes in video4linux
> > there that break the driver.
> >
> > Check out this thread for a version of the 1.6 driver release that has
> > been ported forward to work in the 2.6.10 kernel:
> >
> >   http://www.pchdtv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=415
> >
> > I haven't tried yet to carry the port forward to 2.6.11.  In addition, the
> > pchdtv folks now are supporting a DVB based driver going forward from this
> > point, so you may want to consider it instead.
> >
> >   -Mike
>
> Both versions (DVB and kernel [bttv/cx88xx] can be obtained from the new
> pcHDTV driver page at pchdtv.freedesktop.org.  The cvs checkout of the
> pchdtv-drivers tree has both in them, and should compile without having
> to get the cvs versions of video4linux and the dvb source (The checkout
> has a working version of these in it).
>
> Although DVB support is there, I still recommend using the kernel drive
> until the rest of the HDTV code for myth is moved into the DVB recorder.
> My guess is about 2 months for this to be complete and stable.
>
> Functionally, the drivers on the site for DVB and kernel are identical.
> Both have QAM support.  Stick with kernel for a bit longer and you will
> be better off.
>
> --Brandon

I initially tried the V4L2 driver, but could not find any documentation for
how to use it with QAM.

I then tried the DVB driver, and I think it is working.  Taylor's azap
program reports a signal lock, but I am unable to capture any video even
using azap's "-r" option.

It is possible that all my Albuquerque Comcast digital channels are
encrypted.

Is there any documentation anywhere on using the HD-3000 with the V4L2
drivers for QAM?

Thanks,

John