[mythtv-users] mythcommflag in 0.17 better and worse

Mark Matula mmatula at ratula.net
Wed Mar 16 22:48:57 UTC 2005

I'm using the "All" method of detection and have sine like .11 or so.

Commercial detection seems better at avoiding false-positives in the middle
of shows and no longer seems to cut up shows like Law and Order with a lot
of dark scenes that seemed to throw off detection in the past.

Two thumbs up.

But I noticed that on sitcoms that have that last minute or two of show
after squeezing in one last set of commercials, (e.g. Everybody Loves
Raymond), Myth is skipping right off the end of the show at the last
commercial break.

One thumb down.

I've tried setting 'strict' detection both ways (offhand I don't recall the
wording  - if 'enabled' means more aggressive or less - but I've tried
both).  I'm still finding myself missing that last bit of show.  Is anyone
else seeing this?  Would one of the other detection methods avoid this?

Thanks.  (It's great when my only complaint is about a tiny fraction of a
show).

--
Mark Matula
Mikey, you will be missed: