[mythtv-users] Does mplayer work on frame grabbers?

Alexander Varakin avarakin at optonline.net
Thu Mar 17 03:58:40 UTC 2005

You answered your question yourself: you will get RAW format from such card.
Mplayer comes with program mencoder which will do exactly what you want. But I
would suggest to use myth for recording. With myth you can record into mpeg4
at high bit rate and then reencode into something better using mencoder.