[mythtv-users] VIA EPIA-M

MagicITX magicitx at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 15:30:32 UTC 2005

We did a tutorial installing MythTV on an EPIA M10000 system.  After a
month the system is still working fine including Xv.  We used the
WinTV PVR250 but you may still find it helpful.  You can find the
tutorial at www.magicitx.com.

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 10:55:40 +0100, jerome lacoste
<jerome.lacoste at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 02:12:34 +0100, Örn Einar Hansen
> <orn_hansen at thalamus.nu> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> >   I've got a VIA EPIA motherboard, with a CLE 3122 video and Hauppauge WinTV
> > Go.  The TV card is working fine, and I can watch it using xawtv,
> > as /dev/video0.  However, there appear to be some issues with Xv support for
> > the CLE 3122, as it locksup.  And even though I've setup the Video card as a
> > V4L device, MythTV freezes when trying to watch live tv.  I'm assuming this
> > is Xv related, as I need to pass -noxv to xawtv for it to work.
> >
> >   Has anyone else gotten a working VIA EPIA solution, and how did they solve
> > these issues?
>
> Maybe you are hitting this:
>
> http://forums.viaarena.com/messageview.aspx?catid=28&threadid=60131&enterthread=y
>
> which apparently has something to do with DMA. Are you using you
> network card at the same time?
> For me it's easier (not necessary) to trigger when using the network card.

Tim
www.magicitx.com