[mythtv-users] record HDTV over Satellite is now possible?

Kyle Rose krose+mythtv at krose.org
Thu Mar 17 20:45:21 UTC 2005

Vincent K. Britton wrote:
> Does anyone here have experience integrating this in to MythTV.  Do you
> think it would work with .17 with its new Firewire Recording capability?

I looked into this a few months ago, and (at least at the time) their
hardware/software interface was proprietary, so they would not release
the source code to their driver.  I'm trying to keep the number of
crappy closed source drivers to a minimum (NVidia's being the only one I
use), so I scrapped the idea.  I would be very interested if they
decided to GPL the driver, because it would be the only real non-OTA
option for unencrypted HDTV short of performing a DIY illegal import of
some unlicensed cablecard->USB or cablecard->PCI interface.

Cheers,
Kyle