[mythtv-users] MobileMyth?

Andrew Close aclose at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 00:31:54 UTC 2005

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 16:59:48 -0700, Nathan Hesson <nhesson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Rather new to the mythtv scene but had an idea and wanted to see what
> kindof response this got.  I know some c++ programming and am looking
> at trying to build a MobileMyth extension.  It would be a complete
> linux from scratch operating system that is intended to run on a
> lightweight, machine for your car.  My idea is that you have an
> external harddrive (be it usb or firewire or flashdrive or whatever
> and you select from a mythweb interface or interfacein mythtv what
> content you would like to transfer (music movies games recordings
> images)  You then transfer then to the drive and plug the drive into a
> seperate computer in your car.  It then reads the drive and you have a
> mythtv interface to select all of the content that you just selected.
> I know you could export everything and load it to a notebook or
> something but i am looking at doing something that would take very
> little time to select.  Kindof a set it and forget it.  Also it would
> be very cool if you could control it via a touchpanel but that
> shouldnt be too hard to interpret mouse movements.  Anyway, that was
> kind of long so I will shutup and see what everyone thinks.
> Thanks
> Nathan
> p.s.  If this has been talked about before please let me know.  i
> looked around and could not find anything.

hi Nathan,

i like the idea of a mobileMyth.  there may be other plugins out there
that provide some of this functionality.  one of my future projects is
to put together a carputer and i thought Myth would be a great
frontend.  add a MythGPS plugin and maybe a MythOBDII plugin. :)
instead of LFS you may want to look into borrowing from KnoppMyth
since it's already a paired down distro that is set up for Myth use.
unless you have LFS experience or are itching to try...