[mythtv-users] HDMI-DVI => Safe for HDTV?

Scott Matheson smatheson at mac.com
Fri Mar 18 04:13:29 UTC 2005

So I'm a little freaked out about running DVI out into my HDTV HDMI. I
have a 47" Panasonic, so I copied Jarrod's modelines, hooked it up
(hovering near the tv power button all the while) and booted up the
computer. All seemed well, I ran it for a few minutes, played back a
DVD and a HD recording. I got good signal from BIOS, grub, nvidia
splash, X (KDE) and Myth.

I'm certainly not complaining -- this was way easy -- I just don't want
to be lulled into a false sense of security and fry the CRT-projector
TV. Will the tv's HDMI input prevent this? What should I be looking for
as signs of a problem? The TV manual is singularly unhelpful.

Thanks for any ideas.
Scott