[mythtv-users] DVB-S scan wont fill dvb_channel

Vladimir M ravenholm76 at mail.ru
Fri Mar 18 13:13:14 UTC 2005

Hi guys!

After my battle with DVB-programms watching satellite TV under linux
seems like a joke.

The greatest my success is:
MythTV 0.17 scans channels from DVB-S card Skystar1 and writes rows to
<channel> table.
(about 100 channels)
Backend freezes at 45-46%. I thought its because of transID 33 (it stops
on that id)
and I deleted it from DB. Backand freeze with next ID.
This is probably my own problem of working with HotBird 13E. I can
search 40-60 transponders manually.

But! Program dont writes anything to <dvb_channel>!
I have channels.conf but no script to help with it.

So, my questions are:
1) When scan function fills dvb_channel? (My freezing affects this?)
2) Is there is a way to automatically import channels.conf?
3) Wich source should I use in setup if I live in Russian and my
provider is <outer space>? :)

Im using Fedora Core 3.

TIA,
Vladimir