[mythtv-users] SPDIF output works for MythMusic, but not MythTV

Noah Knowles noah_k at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 18 20:41:41 UTC 2005

Hi,  I have an annoying problem and would really appreciate any help.

 I'm running Myth-0.17 on Mandrake 10.1 with a PVR350 and a Soundblaster
Audigy. When I run MythMusic, I *do* get sound out of the S/PDIF outputs on
the Audigy, but when I run MythTV, I get no sound through S/PDIF. For MythTV,
I have to resort to the sound from the PVR350 instead, which means every time
I switch from TV to music, I have to change the inputs on my receiver.

I'd really like to get the Audigy spdif working with MythTV. In settings, the
audio device is /dev/dsp and "Enable AC3 to spdif passthrough" has no effect
on this problem. I've tried compiling MythTV with and without native ALSA and
Mandrake ARTS support, with no effect.

I'm not sure what to try next, and would really appreciate any suggestions.

BTW, thanks to the Myth and ivtv developers for the best Linux app I've used!