[mythtv-users] Air2PC troubles, including B&W WinTV-FM

Lane Schwartz dowobeha at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 21:05:39 UTC 2005

after adding the new card, Myth recordings made using my WinTV-FM are
in black and white and look very bad.

Has anyone had any success getting the air2pc HDTV card working in
Myth 0.17? I'm especially interested in hearing if you've managed to
do so without compiling the kernel and Myth manually. I am having
trouble getting my Air2PC to work on my production machine.

On my FC3 sandbox machine I've have some success by compiling my own
2.6.11 kernel and following the instructions here:
http://www.rsmas.miami.edu/personal/angel/mythtv/air2pc-howto.html

My production box is FC2, with a PVR-250 as my main card, and a
WinTV-FM as my secondary card. I recently added the Air2PC, but
haven't had much luck.

I'm loathe to compile the kernel myself on my production box, as I
fear trying to get ivtv (my main card is a PVR-250) working again on a
non-atrpm kernel. I have installed Axel's dvb kernel module rpm, but I
am not sure how to load the module. Is it as simple as doing
/sbin/modprobe nxt2002?

Also, ever since I installed the air2pc on my production box, Myth
recordings (and live TV) made using the WinTV-FM card look like crap,
and are black and white. This is very odd, since xawtv still shows
stuff in full color.

I know I'm kind of rambling, but I would really appreciate any tips or advice.

Thanks,
Lane

--
Meetup with other Myth users!