[mythtv-users] Air2PC troubles, including B&W WinTV-FM

Lane Schwartz dowobeha at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 21:40:06 UTC 2005

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 16:13:54 -0500, Tom E. Craddock Jr.
<sigtom at sigtom.com> wrote:
> Lane Schwartz wrote:
>
> >I'm loathe to compile the kernel myself on my production box, as I
> >fear trying to get ivtv (my main card is a PVR-250) working again on a
> >non-atrpm kernel.
> >
> I can answer about this.  Dont worry, itll work.  I did so, recompiled
> my own kernel, and am using a air2pc card (modprobe skystar2 is what I
> use) and a pvr-250, using ivtv compiled from source, running mythtv from
> CVS a couple days after the .17 release.

Well, I'm glad to hear that it's possible. Couple of questions:

What distro are you using?

If you're using atrpms, did you have to uninstall the ivtv rpms prior
to doing this, or can the ivtv rpms and the newly compiled ivtv
coexist peacefully (obviously not using them both at the same time)?

Thanks,
Lane

--
Meetup with other Myth users!