[mythtv-users] Mythmusic problems

Mike Curtis Mike.Curtis at glcweb.co.uk
Fri Mar 18 12:11:43 UTC 2005

Hi folks

I have been working on my Mythtv system for some weeks and have made some mistakes but also a great deal of progress

But I am stumped on Mythmusic!!

I think I know how it should work but I would like confirmation

CD open tray and insert CD
Select Import CD from menu (tray will accept CD)
Few seconds and menu will give way to options such as quality, CD title, performer and genre
First question, should the abiove be automatically entered?
Lower down on that screen there is the track information or rather in my case lack of, what I have is the correct number of tracks and what would seem the play length
Next question; with the innformation for freedb entered in .cdserverrc as http://uk.freedb.org etc as gleaned from the freedb website should all this information be entered automatically?
I can rip the CD but it will not have any track info
This sytem is behind a Firewall but there is no attempt to go out to the freedb website according to the Firewall logs
First time I have felt the need to ask for advice from this foram folks!!!

Mike