[mythtv-users] cards with dual input?

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Fri Mar 18 22:32:50 UTC 2005

On Friday 18 March 2005 11:43, Andrew Close wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 11:28:24 -0800, Ricardo Kleemann
>
> <ricardo at americasnet.com> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I searched around but couldn't find much information. Are there cards
> > with dual video input sources ? (not necessarily dual tuners, I'm not
> > interested in tuning, only in having multiple input sources)
> >
> > On the same note, on cards that have both a composite video-in and a
> > S-video in, can those be used separately (although not simultaneously)?
> >
> > For example, if I hook up one receiver to the S-video input, and a VCR to
> > the composite input, can I configure these as 2 separate devices, as long
> > as I don't attempt to do anything with them simultaneously?
>
> the PVR-250 (and most likely 350) have s-video in and coaxial cable
> in.  i believe you can hook both of them up and then switch between
> the inputs.  i'm pretty sure that you can not use both inputs at the
> same time.

Correct, you can only use one input at a time on those cards.

> there are most likely other cards out there that have more than one
> input as well, i'm just not familiar with them...

Lots of cards have multiple inputs, very few let you actually use them
simultaneously though. The Hauppauge WinTV PVR-500MCE cards do let you use
more than one input simultaneously though. They are more or less two PVR-150
cards on one PCI board. There are two tuners, fed by a shared coax input,
then svideo and composite inputs. With some extra headers, you can add a
second svideo and composite input.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com